1/1 Photo of Healthy Dark Chocolate Torte (Pie)
2 hrs 20 mins
Kathi Ann's Note:
***Inspired by Alton Brown's Moo-less Chocolate Pie.*** Happy New Year! I am happy to present this decadent and (yes!) healthy recipe for an awesome dessert which I made for Christmas dinner 2011, not knowing what it would taste like. "Oh my!" I would never have guessed it wasn't totally sinful if I didn't already know. You rarely can go wrong w/an Alton Brown recipe, so I knew it'd be good, just not *this* good! Silken tofu: where have you been all my life?!? Note: I have made a few minor adjustments to ingredients and order of incorporation, which worked better for me, and hopefully will for you, too. Prep time includes 2 hours for chilling in the refrigerator post-assembly. (The original recipe can be found here: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/alton-browns-dairy-free-chocolate-pie)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
- 1 lb lowfat silken tofu (aka lite firm silken tofu)
- 1 tablespoon honey (Rare Hawaiian Organic White)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (Madagascar Bourbon)
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur (optional) or 1/3 cup other liqueur (optional)
- 9 inches chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 2Place the chocolate chips in a medium metal mixing bowl, set over the simmering water, and stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 3Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth (about 1 minute). Add in the vanilla extract (and optional liqueur) and pulse 20 seconds or so until incorporated.
- 4Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
- 5Serving suggestion: Top with chocolate sprinkles. Garnish with raspberry puree and fresh raspberries.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Dark Chocolate Torte (Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g