Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love tomato soup, but wanted to make it healthier, by lowering sodium and fat. It turned out so yummy, even my hubby loved it! this is soup for 2 people, just double to make it serve 4.
- 1 (400 g) can diced tomatoes (no added salt)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 small brown onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup no-salt-added chicken stock
- 1⁄2 red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powdered seasoning (vegetta)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- preheat oven to 220 degrees. spray a nonstick pan with oil and place the capsicum half skin side up. leave it to cook for about 15 minutes, or until skin is starting to calapse.
- put the carrot, onion, and garlic in a food processor and chop finely. spray a large saucepan with oil and heat the onion, carrot and garlic on high for about 2 minutes.
- add the stock and bring to the boil. leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. add the tomatoes and the herbs and tomato paste. stir and allow to continue to simmer. add vegetta, stir inches.
- take capsicum out of oven and put into a plastic bag so it can sweat and then remove the skin, roughly chop and add to the soup. allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- take off the heat and allow to cool slightly. using a stick blender, or in batches in a food processor blend the soup as smooth as you can. taste it and add more herbs if needed. then stir in the evapourated milk and serve.