Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is posted for the ZWT and is adapted from the book “Quick and Healthy “Recipes and Ideas”. The inclusion of cottage cheese, light cream cheese, tabasco and horseradish give this flavour without as many calories as many other similar recipes. ZWT REGION: United Kingdom - England.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (115g)
- 1 pint low fat cottage cheese (470 ml)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (finely chopped)
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can minced clams (450g) or 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can shrimp (450g) or 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can crab, drained (450g)
- In a food processor blend the cream cheese, cottage cheese, lemon juice, horseradish and tabasco until smooth and well mixed.
- Stir in onions and seafood.
- Serve with crackers, or raw vegetables.
Had reservations about this one when I saw that it included horseradish & Tabasco sauce, but I enjoy trying new things, & this definitely qualifies! I followed your recipe right on through (used crab meat), & the taste was OUTSTANDING ~ I was really impressed! Served it with crackers as well as with squares of whole wheat bread & everyone love it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]