The Beau and I have different work schedules, so I'm frequently cooking for one during the week. This is super fast, effortless, and healthy. It's easily doubled for a night when I'm cooking for the both of us. I always have the ingredients on hand and the creamy texture makes me think I'm getting away with an indulgence. The chicken can be omitted for a vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon pesto sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 ounces sliced white mushrooms or 2 ounces cremini mushrooms (1/4 of a package of presliced works well)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 of one breast,cut into strips or chunks
- 1/2 cup pasta or 1/2 cup farfalle pasta or 1/2 cup penne, uncooked
- fresh ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tomato (approx. one tomato slice)
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- 1Boil water for pasta, cook according to package directions, removing from heat when al dente.
- 3In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and pesto, stir well to combine.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In non-stick skillet, over medium to medium-high heat, cook mushrooms just until tender.
- 6I don't use oil, you may prefer a little oil or butter.
- 7Spoon cooked mushrooms into bowl with pesto mixture.
- 8In same skillet, cook chicken until done (again, I don't use oil).
- 9Leave in pan, but remove from heat.
- 10Add pesto mixture with mushrooms and add drained pasta to chicken in pan.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Taste for seasoning, add fresh ground pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- 13Spoon into serving bowl, garnish with tomato and fresh basil.
- 14This can easily be doubled or quadrupled.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Creamy Chicken Pesto W/Pasta for One
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 136.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 38.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: