Jean R's Note:
This heart-healthy soup gets its creaminess from cauliflower instead of high fat cream. Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth and it becomes vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower, remove the stem and chop the florets coarsly.
- 2Wash the spinach well, dry in a towel or salad spinner and chop coarsely.
- 3In a stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic, cook for just 30 seconds.
- 4Add the cauliflower, broth and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spinach and cook another 5 minutes, until the spinach is wilted and the cauliflower tender. Mix in the mustard and thyme.
- 5Using a hand-held immersion blender, puree the soup in the pot until smooth.
- 6Add pepper and additional salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Cream of Spinach Soup (No Cream!)
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g