Craxy Lulu's Note:
Whole wheat fruit and nut dropped cookie, sweetened mostly with maple syrup. Good as a "healthier" after school treat. I found the original recipe in Southwest's in flight magazine. I added fruit and eggs and tweaked it to my family's tastes then doubled it to make between 3 and 4 dozen depending on how big you like to make your dropped cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use bread flour or whole wheat pastry flour depending on how "wholesome" you like your healt)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnuts (halves or pieces)
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (can be added to wet or dry ingredients if your family is used to sweeter treats, optional) (optional) or 1/4 cup brown sugar (can be added to wet or dry ingredients if your family is used to sweeter treats) (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2To mix dry ingredients- pulse 2 cups oats in food processor until broken into small pieces. Add flour and salt and process until thoroughly mixed. Add walnuts and pulse a few times till nuts are in small pieces unless using already chopped nuts, in which case just mix them inches My food processor is not big enough to make this double recipe so I empty the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl (or my stand mixer bowl if I'm feeling lazy).
- 3Next mix wet ingredients- add melted butter, olive oil, maple syrup and eggs to the food processor and process until throughly mixed.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- 5Stir in cranberries and extra 1/3 cup oats until evenly distributed.
- 6I use a small (1 tablespoon) scoop with a lever to drop cookies onto pans lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. Then I use a fork to squash the cookies flat and even out the thickness (about 1/4 inch) before baking for 12 minutes or until bottoms start to brown lightly.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 27.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g