Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a recipe from the back of a Ritz box (I think), this version is healthier and more refreshing, without sacrificing flavor!
- 14 ounces imitation crabmeat (or lobster)
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced (or grate if you prefer a less crunchy salad)
- 1⁄4 onion, diced fine
- 10 Ritz crackers, crushed (reduced fat worked well)
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip (to moisten and combine flavors)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- iceberg lettuce, cleaned and leaves separated
- Into a large mixing bowl, flake or chop the seafood. If you have crab sticks, you may want to use scissors to cut the crab into bite size pieces.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, crackers, and Miracle Whip. Stir to combine. If the salad seems too dry, add additional Miracle Whip.
- Taste and add additional seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in iceberg lettuce leaves.
First, I want to thank you so much for trying one of my recipes (Garlic Boursin Cheese Spread) and the lovely review. To show my appreciation, I decided to make this one. Boy and I glad i did. This is a WONDERFUL crab salad. We loved the combination of ingredients and textures. I did add a little more Miracle Whip than called for as we wanted more dressing. Can't wait to make this again. Thanks so much for sharing it, jo_mama!!!
I really enjoyed this. Nice and light, very crunchy, and a good flavor. I used a scallion instead of the onion as it was what I had on hand. If you like a lot of dressing, this is not the salad for you. As I like my dressings very light, this was perfect. I crushed up the crackers too fine though--next time I'll just break them up a bit. I liked when I got a noticable cracker bit. Thanks jo_mama for a lovely lunch today!