Recipe by Melanie B.
When my husband and I made the commitment to eat healthier, breakfast became a much bigger part our lives. I love to experiment with low cal, low fat breakfasts that fill you up for the morning. This one I created when going through my "I love Ricotta cheese" phase...and had some garden ingredients to use.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, pick out any remaining shells
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, fresh
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large oven proof nonstick skillet with fat-free cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add Bell Pepper and cook until softened. Add the scallions and cook for another minute. Add the crab meat, and warm for about a minute.
- Pour egg substitute over the mixture. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Add chives and ricotta cheese in small dallops over mixture.
- Place skillet in the oven heated to 425 degrees for a few minutes until the fritatta sets (approximately 5-8 minutes).
- Cut into wedges and serve.