Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the food network and then tweeked it a bit. It is quite delicious. A little on the spicy side, so if that doesn't suite you then cut back on the seasoning blend a bit.
- 2 cups chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 ounces chopped deli corned beef
- 1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida)
- 1 tablespoon southwest steak marinade seasoning
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 3 eggs
- Saute the peppers and red onion in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray just until soft (5-10 minutes.).
- Add the green onion, corned beef, hash browns, seasoning, worcestershire, and beef broth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the hash browns are golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- Fry the eggs to desired doneness in a seperate skillet.
- To serve, place hash brown mixture on a plate and top with a fried egg.
Loved this recipe, however, we made a couple small changes. I reduced the hash browns & increased the beef amount. Also, I didn't have hashbrowns so I used potato puffs (crushed them) instead & it worked great. I even liked it better cause they cooked quicker. Sub'd abit of finely chopped jalapeno pepper. I guessed what s/w steak marinade seasoning was & used essence spice & tex-mex seasoning instead. I found it made closer to 4 servings for us so I made 4 eggs, thanks for sharing a great & very tasty recipe.
I love corned beef hash, but never made it. There was a special at a local Italian store on corned beef lunch meat so the rest they say is history. I looked through the other recipes and this one suited my tastes. The only thing I didn't have was the steak sauce, but it was still delicious and so easy. I made two poached eggs to go with it....yummy. Thanks for posting.