Recipe by ChefMamaBlogger
A low fat version of a fast food breakfast treat! The recipe can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2010/01/02/fast-food-makeover-hardees-blueberry-biscuits/ Anytime you are craving something sweet for a weekend or special breakfast or brunch, don’t reach for donuts, give these a try. You’ll be glad you did!
For the biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup half & half light cream
For the filling
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh, or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- For the biscuits:.
- combine ingredients until crumbly in bowl, then knead 3-4 times with your hands in the bowl. I start off with 1 cup half and half, then add by the tablespoon until the dough sticks together without being sticky.
- turn out onto a lightly floured counter-top and pat down with your hands to about 1 inch in thickness.
- use a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass to cut rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- collect the scraps and pat down to use all remaining dough – makes about 6 biscuits.
- bake at 400 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the filling:.
- combine ingredients and cook on medium high until boiling and beginning to thicken.
- reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Once biscuits have baked, hollow out the centers and fill with blueberry filling. Add a drizzle of glaze just before serving (combine glaze ingredients, stir until smooth and set aside until needed).