Prep 8 mins
Cook 18 mins
delicious cookie which can be eaten for breakfast, etc, almost more of a homemade granola bar but even more delicious :) measurements are a guess &it's more to your own taste
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups whole oats
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (to taste)
- Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup crushed almonds (optional) or 1⁄4 cup coconut (optional)
- preheat oven to 350.
- mash bananas in bowl
- stir in the rest of ingredients.
- if it's too dry/wet add honey or oats.
- place dough on ungreased cooking sheet (the cookies don't rise/spread very much so make them the size/thickness you want them to be when they're done).
- bake for 15-18 min.
I made these for my kids this morning for a healthy snack. I didn't care for them, but the kids LOVED them! I used brown sugar instead of splenda to sweeten them, and added dried persimmon since I had it handy. I also reduced the cinnamon to 1 tsp and used pecans in place of almonds. I'll make them occasionally as a snack, but they won't be a favorite.
I did not care for these cookies at all, but my 2 grandkids ages 7 and 10 really liked them. I added about a 1/2 cup of slenda and only a good shake of cinnamon as I thought 1 tablespoon would be to much and they are pretty cinnamony. I don't think i will be making these again. Sorry.