Recipe by Stephie Biggs
This is as healthy of a cookie as I have found and it still keeps a good texture and flavor!
Top Review by Pastryjem
Love this recipe! I did change it up a little bit: I didn't use soy flour, but simply used half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour, increasing the amounts of each. I also added 1 tsp of cinnamon and used 3/4 cup of raisins instead of chocolate chips. Quite delicious! Thanks for sharing!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 7 ingredients.
- then add butter and sugar, mixing until fluffy.
- add eggs and vanilla, mix.
- then chips and nuts, stir until well mixed.
- Drop by tablespoon to ungreased baking sheet,~2 inches apart.
- Bake 350 degrees for~12 minutes.
- (Don't overcook, will be too crumbly).
- Note: I have adopted the use of whole wheat flour and olive oil to this recipe, should you choose not to-- use 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 1/2 sticks margarine instead.
- Hope you ENJOY.