Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Charles Mattocks book "Eat Cheap but Eat Well". Chef Charles’ Thoughts: Now this is by far my favorite salad to make at home and to demo when I do shows. This healthy light salad will be a sure hit. The feta cheese allows the taste to pop out along with the cilantro. Most people don’t use cilantro to make salads, but once you make this you may not go back. The light dressing is very easy to make and can be used on many other salads.
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, green red and yellow, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- Place cilantro and all other salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, adjust seasoning and pour over salad.