Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oil free and vegan, healthier version of coffee cake.
Make and share this Healthy Coffee Cake (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar or 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, erythritol or sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add in the almond milk, vanilla extract, applesauce, and vinegar until the batter is uniform and no pockets of flour remain. Take care not to over stir. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In the same bowl (we don't like dirtying extra dishes here), combine all the ingredients for the streusel topping and stir until completely incorporated, Sprinkle over the cake batter and gentry swirl using a knife.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and devour.