Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I invented this to have something like a creamy milk shake for my little son who is lactose-intolerant. And our family do not use soy anymore (as we were informed that it is NOT healthy, see "soy alert" by www.westonaprice.org). Btw. it freezes well - we eat it as a parve dessert.
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 peach (optional)
- dates (for sweeter taste)
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen raspberries
- Mix everything except the frozen raspberries until blended.
- Add the frozen raspberries and let blend.
- Serve out of the blender, or put in the freezer.
If you read the scientific literature you will find many falsehoods on that website. For instance, that women should consume 1500 mg of calcium per day. I hope you consult more sources and your doctor before making any changes to your family's diet.
My family doesn't eat soy or canola because of the health dangers either. There's more good sites and books out there on soy dangers. I added some milk just so it would be less thick. It was soooo good and creamy!