Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Salmon cooked the indulgent-but-healthy way: baked in white wine, citrus fruit and tomatoes, and served with brown rice. Delicious! This is great served with steamed mange tout or sugar snap peas - and if you want an even quicker balanced meal, look out for quick-cook brown rice or serve with couscous.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Place the rice into a large saucepan with 1 cup of cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat, season with sea salt to taste, and cover with the lid. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large shallow baking dish, place one lemon slice and one orange slice, just overlapping, next to each other. Repeat with the other two slices.
- Sit each salmon fillet on its own bed of citrus. Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix the dill, sun-dried tomatoes and tomato oil together. Spoon the mixture over the top of the salmon fillets. Drizzle with the wine.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until the salmon is opaque.
- Serve drizzled with the cooking juices and the prepared rice.
Outstanding!! Didn't cook the brown rice with it, but the salmon was delectable cooked this way. Already shared the recipe with a co-worker and will definitely be making this one again. Thanks!