Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mmm! Cheesy, cinnamoney, and sweet! Just right. I have made this bread and it is delicious. Try it!
- 59.14 ml softened margarine or 59.14 ml softened butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (or more, if you want a sweeter bread)
- 2 egg whites
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 14.79 ml ground cinnamon
- 28.34-56.69 g fat free cream cheese or 28.34-56.69 g light cream cheese
- additional cinnamon
- additional brown sugar
- 59.14-118.29 ml raisins (optional) or 59.14-118.29 ml sultana (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together margarine, sugar, and egg. Add skim milk and mix.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and fold in optional raisins or sultanas.
- Pour a half of the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon and additional sugar and then dot cream cheese on top of batter. Cover with rest of batter.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and the top is browned.
- SUGGESTION: would taste delish with cream cheese icing on top =).
Mmmm, is right! I didn't get a swirl effect, but I sure did get a moist, sweet bread that's full of flavor in every bite. We really enjoyed this. Thanks so much! Fall PAC '08.
Great Bread. I did alter the recipe, but it was still delicious. I added a cup ful of heritage granola and a chopped up red delicious apple and folded it in. I also used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour.Therefore, I thought it would be best to add more baking powder.(?)Luckliy it worked out for the best:)I also switched most of the brown sugar for agave except for the sprinkle in the middle. I hope you don't mind. I am constantly trying to find the healthiest route to the best tasting recipe.