Recipe by mickeydownunder
I-N-S-P-I-R-E-D by what I read! This DOES make a good feed! Tailored recipe to my taste, TRUE! Look forward to my first review!
Top Review by Leggy Peggy
This recipe was a lifesaver. I'd had a hectic day and the last thing I wanted to do was make dinner. But I had a couple of chorizos in the fridge and most of the rest of the ingredients, so I decided t o make this. Didn't have passata, so subbed two tins of diced tomatoes. Also used a four bean mix, and added a chopped green capsicum (bell pepper) and a sprinkling of parmesan before serving. Dinner was on the table within 30 minutes! In between the constant chants of 'yum, yum', the requests to 'make this again soon' came through loud and clear. Thanks for a real winner.
- 2 chorizo sausage
- 1 red onion
- 750 g passata
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 700 g red kidney beans
- 300 g chickpeas
- 100 g rocket
Directions See How It's Made
- SLICE sausage into small pieces.
- DICE red onion.
- Drain canned kidney beans and chickpeas.
- DICE rocket.
- NOTE: Can use spinach too; I like to chop it fine, TRUE!
- HEAT pan, add sausage; cook 2 minutes until soft. NOTE: Can pre grill too for more flavour.
- ADD red onion, cook two minutes.
- ADD Passata and water.
- NOTE: BEST if put flame on low when adding ingredients.
- COVER and cook for 7 minutes.
- ADD beans and cook further minutes.
- STIR in rocket for one minute and serve.
- NOTE: I use low-fat sausages but ingredients listing does not allow me to do.