Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tiny little chocolate cookies with no refined sugar or flour... perfect for the lunchbox! They are rather dry and not supersweet, but very delicious. Perfect for a snack with a cup of milk or tea. If you need them sweeter try drizzling some melted chocolate on the top and popping them in the fridge to set.
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the honey, oil and vanilla together. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and then combine into the honey mixture until it all clumps together and forms a dough.
- Roll out between wax paper and begin cutting shapes with a teddy-shaped cookie cutter (or any other shape). Place onto a baking tray lined with more wax paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes or until slightly firm. Do not over bake.
- Let cool and then store in an airtight container.