Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy & chocolatey
- 1 ripe banana
- 8 -10 ounces water or 8 -10 ounces milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened powdered baking cocoa (if you prefer your chocolate less dark, reduce to 1-2 teaspoons, or substitute carob if desired)
- 1 cup ice, as desired (crushed ice works best)
- Place ingredients blender.
- [optional] Add a handful (about 1/8 to 1/4 cup) of raw cashews, blanched almonds, or nuts/seeds of your choice.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
I used two frozen bananas & left out the ice! Also used milk with 2% fat instead of water & we 2 chocoholics had very tasty smoothies! Satisfyingly wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices recipe tag]