Recipe by Lalaloula
This super creamy, moussy spread tastes very indulgent, but is actually chock full of healthy ingredients, so you dont have to feel guilty about eating it. It makes a nice dip for fruits, too. Feel free to add flavourings or add ins, but this is how I like it best. NOTE: I strongly recommend refrigerating it one night or several hours before eating as it really gets better with age.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
I know you're skeptical, I was. How can beans and chocolate go together? Let me assure you they do! And wow! The chocolate and dates make the beans totally disappear! This is amazing! You could eat this like a pudding, or a frosting, or a filling, or as a great Nutella replacement. So good! (And shhhh, it's good for you too!)
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup kidney bean, cooked and drained
- 11 dates, soaked in water for 6 hours
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of your blender or food processor and process into a smooth paste. Depending on how moist your beans are, you might have to add a bite of the date soaking water to reach the desired consistency. Keep in mind that it will thicken up a tad during refrigeration.
- Keep in the fridge for one night or several hours, then dig in! :).