Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little alteration for chocolate chip cookies making it much more healthy. You will not be disappointed, try it!!
- 59.16 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar (you could also use dark brown sugar)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml barley flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pastry flour (If no barley flour on hand you can use 2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour)
- 170.09 g chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, oil, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in the barley flour and whole wheat flour followed by the chocolate chips and walnuts. (The mixture may appear oily but that is normal, also because of the quantity of the chocolate chips the mixture may not seem cohesive, it is OK).
- Drop the mixture by tablespoons into the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes. Remove cookies, transfer them to a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!
I am happy that I found this recipe to make for the Spring PAC event 2012. A very soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie that is to be handled carefully and let cool before storing in the refrigerator to keep them firm and crisp. The only change I made to this recipe was to use canola oil instead of olive oil. A very delightful cookie.
I love it! I used 2 cups whole wheat flour. I think next time I might put more nuts and less choc chips, because I like pecans better than chips. I did bake mine a little longer coz i like my cookies cruchy. Overall I love how it tasted. Not super sweet like most cookies and I can feel good knowing its healthy. :) thanks for the recipe!
Excellent! I used canola oil in place of olive oil and a mixture of semi-sweet and dark cholcolate. I will make again. Thank you for posting!