A little alteration for chocolate chip cookies making it much more healthy. You will not be disappointed, try it!!
- 59.16 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml light brown sugar (you could also use dark brown sugar)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml barley flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pastry flour (If no barley flour on hand you can use 2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour)
- 170.09 g chocolate chips (I use dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, oil, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in the barley flour and whole wheat flour followed by the chocolate chips and walnuts. (The mixture may appear oily but that is normal, also because of the quantity of the chocolate chips the mixture may not seem cohesive, it is OK).
- Drop the mixture by tablespoons into the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes. Remove cookies, transfer them to a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!