Recipe by ibelieveinmagic
Found this recipe in a magazine. It sounded trustworthy so I thought I'd try making it, and now I make them whenever I get a sweet tooth! "This recipe uses whole-wheat flour, plus mashed banana instead of eggs. The result? Less cholesterol and far than regular cookies. Also, the dark chocolate is healthier than milk" --quote about the recipe
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) packagedark semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add banana and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while beating until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Let stand for a few minutes, then transfer with a spatula to a wire rack to cool.