Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist, delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are much healthier than they taste!
Make and share this Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 small bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄4 cup spreadable low-fat butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons spreadable low-fat butter
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups or use a nonstick muffin pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips and brown sugar.
- Using a fork, mash bananas in a medium bowl until they are almost liquid. Melt the low-fat spread in a small saucepan; stir into the bananas. Combine the yogurt, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Add the banana mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the banana-yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients; sitr just until blended. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until the muffins are risen, firm to the touch and slightly golden, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.