Recipe by FirstChoiceHealthyFoods
If you love hot and spicy you will love this chili. Adjust chili powder and chipotle pepper for spiciness.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 chipotle peppers, in chile en adobo sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 12 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 30 ounces whole canned tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces kidney beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, and oregano. Stir for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, chipotle peppers, and adobe sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Add turkey, breaking it up and cooking until the meat loses its raw color, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until reduced by about half; about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, crushing them through your fingers into skillet along with their juices and beans.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, stir occasionally until thick, about 10 minutes.