Recipe by Lowfat Linda
This Tetrazini is very good -- it does not taste like a lower fat version at all. I love chicken tetrazini, but almost all the versions I've seen are made with lots of butter (and therefore saturated fat), so I created this healthy version. I don't care for mushrooms, so I don't use them, but I will list them as an optional ingredient. This recipe makes alot -- I usually use two casserole dishes.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (I use a brand with no MSG)
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat pasta (angel hair or spaghetti)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 large celery ribs
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can skim milk (use a soup can)
- 2 cups light cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta as directed on package, set aside.
- Saute onions, red peppers, celery (and optional mushrooms) in a lightly oiled large pan (preferably a deep skillet, 12" or more).
- Dissolve the bullion in the hot water to make broth.
- Stir in soups, broth, peas and shredded carrots and cook until all is heated.
- Transfer above into large casserole dish(es).
- Mix in the chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top(s).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.