Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This Tetrazini is very good -- it does not taste like a lower fat version at all. I love chicken tetrazini, but almost all the versions I've seen are made with lots of butter (and therefore saturated fat), so I created this healthy version. I don't care for mushrooms, so I don't use them, but I will list them as an optional ingredient. This recipe makes alot -- I usually use two casserole dishes.
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (I use a brand with no MSG)
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat pasta (angel hair or spaghetti)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 large celery ribs
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can skim milk (use a soup can)
- 2 cups light cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Prepare pasta as directed on package, set aside.
- Saute onions, red peppers, celery (and optional mushrooms) in a lightly oiled large pan (preferably a deep skillet, 12" or more).
- Dissolve the bullion in the hot water to make broth.
- Stir in soups, broth, peas and shredded carrots and cook until all is heated.
- Transfer above into large casserole dish(es).
- Mix in the chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top(s).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Excellent! Did take about 10 more minutes to totally get hot but we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Good, but the recipe doesn't say what to do with the milk or the prepared pasta.
This was a wonderful dish, especially for being so healthy! I new twist on chicken tetrazzini...I love all the veggies. I halved the recipe and it still made a lot and turned out great.