Recipe by acr27
These peppers are kind of a mix between a recipe from Ellie Krieger and Rachael Ray, theyre a great healthy dinner and somewhat cheap for a college student like me to make =)
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground chicken
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds/membranes.
- Arrange in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Grate the zucchini.
- Mix together chicken, zucchini, onion, rice, spinach, egg, oregeno, salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper with mixture.
- Pour the tomatoes over the top of peppers.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until mixture is cooked and peppers are soft, about 45 more minutes.