1/1 Photo of Healthy Chicken Quesadillas
This looked so good that I thought I would share it with all of you and at the same time keep it here for safekeeping. This is Wen Zientek's of ivillage.com answer to a question from a reader.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 chili peppers, minced (to taste)
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- scallion, cut on the bias (garnish)
- salsa (garnish)
- nonfat sour cream (garnish)
- 1In a medium-heavy skillet, saute the onions, garlic and peppers until soft in the 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
- 2Add the chili peppers and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes more until the liquid has evaporated.
- 3Add the chicken and stir well to combine.
- 4Spray a cold skillet with the nonstick spray and heat over medium heat.
- 5Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese.
- 6Add about a quarter of the chicken mixture and top with another 1/8 cup cheese.
- 7Cover with another tortilla and cook for two to three minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional two minutes.
- 9Remove from the heat and cut into edges.
- 10Keep warm while frying the remaining quesadillas.
- 11Serve with salsa, scallions, and fat-free sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 26.1 g