A hearty one-dish meal that's healthy, too. Chicken, lots of vegetables, and a biscuit crust. From "Looneyspoons".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat chicken broth
- 354.88 ml diced potatoes, peeled
- 354.88 ml chopped carrots
- 236.59 ml green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 283.49 g can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom)
- 22.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes (use oil or cooking spray).
- 2Add broth, potatoes, carrots and beans.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 5Simmer for 12 minutes, partially covered.
- 6Potatoes should be a bit undercooked.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Combine condensed soup and flour in a small bowl.
- 9Add to vegetables, along with chicken, parsley, basil, thyme and pepper.
- 10Stir well.
- 11Pour into a casserole dish (I use a 9 x 9 pyrex baking dish).
- 12Prepare biscuit crust.
- 13Combine flour, baking powder, sage and salt.
- 14Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- 15Stir in milk.
- 16Form the dough into a ball, adding a bit more flour if too sticky.
- 17On a floured surface, roll out dough to the size where it will fit the top of your casserole dish.
- 18Place dough on top of chicken mixture.
- 19Prick dough with a fork several times.
- 20Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- 21Let stand for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Chicken Pot Pie With Biscuit Crust
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.0
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 344.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat chicken broth
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup