Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This chicken parmesan dish is made with all fresh ingredients so it is a great healthy and low-calorie dish with lots of flavor.
- 8 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 8 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- olive oil
- black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- In a small bowl, crack and beat the eggs. In another small bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg batter and then dip in the breadcrumbs, lightly coating both sides.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish or tray coated with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn chicken over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes total, take chicken out of oven.
- Place tomato slices over each piece of chicken, followed by fresh basil pieces and mozzarella slices.
- Add black pepper and salt as needed.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
WE LOVED THIS RECIPE!! Very nice and refreshing. The only changes I made were cutting it in half because we are only a family of 3 and a baby (with no teeth yet). May not be "Chicken Parmesan," Because of no Parmesan but VERY VERY GOOD!! Next time I think I will put the Mozzarella on the chicken first, then the tomato and basil. The cheese seemed to be sliding off the tomato. Plus I think it looks a little nicer with the tomato and basil on top. After it was cooked I gave it a pinch of salt and pepper over the top. This would also be good with fresh garlic. OUTSTANDING!! Loved this as much as my other new favorite on here "Pan Grilled Chicken with Avocado and Red Onion Salsa" I suggest everyone try This "Chicken Parmesan," it's fresh ingredients and inexpensive. I already had chicken on hand and including our salad it only cost us $12.00 for the entire family! Great meal I can't say enough! Thanks!!