Recipe by ksmall
This chicken parmesan dish is made with all fresh ingredients so it is a great healthy and low-calorie dish with lots of flavor.
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
WE LOVED THIS RECIPE!! Very nice and refreshing. The only changes I made were cutting it in half because we are only a family of 3 and a baby (with no teeth yet). May not be "Chicken Parmesan," Because of no Parmesan but VERY VERY GOOD!! Next time I think I will put the Mozzarella on the chicken first, then the tomato and basil. The cheese seemed to be sliding off the tomato. Plus I think it looks a little nicer with the tomato and basil on top. After it was cooked I gave it a pinch of salt and pepper over the top. This would also be good with fresh garlic. OUTSTANDING!! Loved this as much as my other new favorite on here "Recipe #24253" I suggest everyone try This "Chicken Parmesan," it's fresh ingredients and inexpensive. I already had chicken on hand and including our salad it only cost us $12.00 for the entire family! Great meal I can't say enough! Thanks!!
- 8 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 8 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- olive oil
- black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- In a small bowl, crack and beat the eggs. In another small bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg batter and then dip in the breadcrumbs, lightly coating both sides.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish or tray coated with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken in oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn chicken over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes total, take chicken out of oven.
- Place tomato slices over each piece of chicken, followed by fresh basil pieces and mozzarella slices.
- Add black pepper and salt as needed.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.