Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
I'm following the P90X diet and exercise program, but I really miss Chinese food! The stuff at the restaurants is absolutely loaded with grease and misses out on the delicious flavor of lots of vegetables. This is actually Sue Lau's Chinese Fried Rice recipe (type 38748 in the search bar above for the original. Thanks, Sue!), altered just a little for extra protein and less fat. One serving, according to the P90X nutrition plan, is 1 vegetable, 0.75 fat, 1 protein, and 1 carbohydrate. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 6 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 drops soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 9 ounces chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, cold, grains separated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice, brown color, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg whites with 3 drops soy sauce and 3 drops sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture. Working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok. When egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly. Remove from wok and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion. Stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well. Stir-fry for three minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold inches Stir-fry for one minute more. Serve with additional soy sauce.