Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A lighter option if you're craving fried rice.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 celery
- 2 carrot sticks
- 1⁄3 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic, gloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 cup egg white
- Make rice first, by adding the following ingredients to the pot: 1 cup uncooked brown rice, 1 tablespoon chopped onion, 1/4 tablespoon salt, 1/4 tablespoon pepper, 1 tbsp margarine, 2 cups water.
- Bring rice to a boil. Turn down to low heat, let sit 50 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, prep and cook the chicken, veggies and egg as follows:.
- Saute egg white until cooked, set aside.
- Chop 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, balance of yellow onion, 2 carrot sticks, 1 celery stick, 1/3 c green peas, and set aside in a glass bowl.
- Cook ground chicken in a big skillet with a little garlic, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp chili oil. Set aside when done.
- Add all of the veggies to the skillet, into remaining chicken juice and cook until onions are clear.
- Add chicken back to skillet. by this point, rice should be almost done.
- Add rice to skillet. let sit long enough to brown slightly (about 1-2 minutes) and mix. Repeat until all of rice is fairly well browned.
- Add egg white back to skillet. mix well. enjoy!