1/1 Photo of Healthy Chicken Francaise
A classic Italian dish with a healthier twist. By replacing the butter with the Earth Balance you are saving yourself quite a few calories. I have made this for people who are not dieting (nor are they trying) and they raved about for weeks. This has become the number one crowd pleaser for me so I'm hoping you, your friends and family will enjoy it as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper .
- 3In another bowl mix the eggs with water and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 4Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan on medium-low heat.
- 5Pat dry chicken cutlets and dredge in flour mixture, coating both sides evenly shaking excess flour off.
- 6Place chicken into egg wash mix, coat both sides.
- 7Allow the chicken to drip excess egg coating and place fully coated chicken into hot oil. .
- 8Let chicken cook for ]4 to 6 minutes until lightly brown, flip chicken and cook for another 4 minutes.
- 9Remove chicken and allow to rest.
- 10Turn stove off and add lemon juice, Earth Balance Buttery Spread and lemon zest to sauce pan.
- 11Stir until butter is melted.
- 12Remove butter lemon sauce from pan.
- 13Place chicken in an oven safe dish and pour sauce on top of chicken.
- 14Arrange lemon rounds and sprinkle parsley evenly throughout the dish.
- 15Place chicken in oven for 7 minutes or until sauce has been absorbed by chicken and breading is not wet.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Chicken Francaise
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 946.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Earth Balance natural buttery spread