Recipe by Meredith .F
Recipe from the personal trainers at the gym I belong to. It's tasty, healthy (notice there are no tortillas!) and fast. I usually add diced jalapeno to my mix.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces (4 oz each)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- lime wedge, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a re-sealable bag, combine Chile powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cornstarch, and water. Add chicken, bell peppers, and onion; gently knead to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Heat the oil in a skillet, empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat. Stir occasionally and cook until the vegetables are tender crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy with lime wedges.