Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Useful to have a toaster oven for this recipe. A low calorie version of a sandwich that I love, but with less bulk and carbs. Bourbon Smoked salt is available at Williams & Sonoma, and just a little dash gives this a gourmet taste!
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 2 swiss cheese slices (2% skim or lowfat)
- 1⁄2 cup ripe avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce (I use Cholula brand)
- 2 small dried chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 low cal whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
add to chicken and bell pepper while cooking
- black pepper (to taste)
- dried cilantro (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bourbon smoked salt (optional)
- Add cooked shredded chicken to white wine vinegar, chipotle sauce and dried chopped chiles to bag or container and marinate for about 30-60 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet, and saute sliced bell peppers, I like to char them a little like in fajitas. When softened, add in the chicken with juice from marinade and heat together for 5-8 minutes, adding pepper, dried cilantro, and Bourbon Smoked salt as desired. I also dash on a little more chipotle sauce if it looks like things are getting dry.
- Place slice of cheese onto each tortilla and heat in toaster oven on med-low heat, or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Add chicken/pepper mixture on top of the cheese, add 1/2 sliced avocado, red onion and top with a tablespoon of plain nonfat yogurt to each portion. Fold up and eat while hot!