Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very fresh tasting casserole that is easy to put together. I use a purchased rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it even faster.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, eliminating salt; drain.
- Mix onions with spinach.
- Arrange spinach in bottom of 1 1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp
- of the garlic powder.
- Arrange mushrooms on spinach and drizzle with melted margarine.
- Place chicken on mushrooms and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp of the garlic powder.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place in 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes.
I made this with skinless boneless chicken breasts that I cooked up quickly in a saute pan with olive oil and a little garlic powder. I made it once as posted and we loved it. However, my BF asked me to double the spinach the next time, which I did. Good choice if you want to increase the veggies or stretch this dish a bit. Excellent flavor, low-card, and lean-protein: a winning combo in my house.
This was a quick easy recipe. My husband enjoyed it. For some reason the cheese stuck to the chicken, which dried the chicken out a little. Next time I may mix the indredients together before cooking and see what happens. The spinach, mushrooms and onions were fantastic. I think I may make that as a side dish without the chicken. Thanks for sharing.
This chicken casserole was a nice quick supper but we found it a little bland, another time I would add a few spices to kick it up a bit. I had some shredded chicken in the freezer to use up, it worked well enough, also used fresh spinach and canned mushrooms with low fat cheddar. Served it over broccoli rice.