Recipe by St. Louie Suzie
I took a cacciatore recipe and made some revisions to lighten it up. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 green bell peppers
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" chunks.
- Chop dice onions, mince garlic, open cans of tomatoes and tomato paste, dice bell peppers, and slice mushrooms about 1/4" thick.
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- When pot is hot, add chicken and cook until opaque.
- Add all vegetables, tomatoes with juices, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Bring contents to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and cover pot with lid.
- Cook over low heat for about an hour.
- Serve hot in bowl alongside polenta or rice.