Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by a Silver Palate recipe. This is a quick, easy and healthy salad that is simple enough for everyday, yet elegant enough for company! Quick to prepare using precooked chicken, this salad is especially tasty if you've got some leftover grilled chicken handy. All that is needed to round out the meal is a crusty loaf of French bread and a glass of sparkling wine or juice spritzer. Enjoy!
- 8 cups mixed lettuce greens, torn into bite-size pieces (such as Boston Bibb or leaf lettuce)
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney (or your favorite chutney)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh coriander
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 8 pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 4 fresh baby tomatoes
- crouton, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, place the mixed greens. In a blender or small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and chutney until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the greens and toss throughly.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top each with cucumber, bell pepper, chives and coriander. Toss gently. Sprinkle the diced chicken evenly over the salads and garnish each with 2 pineapple chunks and a cherry tomato.
- Offer croutons at the table, as desired.