Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a healthy low-calorie version of my original recipe. This recipe uses lower calorie ingredients such as Splenda Sweetener, Splenda Brown Sugar, and wheat flower. These cookies are plump, chewy, and full of crunchy pecans and raisins. The honey really sets if off with a unique taste. Once you make these cookies with the honey in them, you will never want to make oatmeal cookies without honey ever again! And it can be easily altered to your liking by changing the add-ins from raisins & pecans, to just about anything you want (walnuts, dates, dried cranberries, etc).
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or almunim foil (butter foil).
- OPTIONAL: Soak 1 cup of rasins overnight in water to make them nice and plump.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a fork.
- In a seperate large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars in with an electric mixer until fluffy. Then beat in honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the large bowl while beating on low.
- Stir in oats, raisins, and pecans.
- Drop batter by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 2 inches apart. Flatten mounds only slightly if you want a fat, chewy cookie; or flatten mounds more if you want a thinner cookie.
- Bake cookies until the tops start to turn golden brown, about 11-12 minutes.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes on cookie sheets, then move cookies to a cooling rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container to keep them nice and moist.
very good cookies ..my son loved them ...little foot note ..to plump raisins faster you can boil them in water,put enough water just to cover bring to rapid boil turn off heat and let cool and then drain ..nice and plump that way