Recipe by Ranya
healthy snack bars
Top Review by pumpkinprincess
These were really good and my whole family loved them. The reason I gave it 3 stars is because the recipe is not written up correctly. In the instructions it says to add the honey, yet in the ingredients list there isn't honey. I added 1/4 cup. Also it doesn't state in the instructions when to add the rice crispies. I added them with the oats. I guess I might be picky, but if I was a newbie in the kitchen I probably would have been confused!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Rice Krispies (puffed rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in Vanilla, honey, and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and flour.
- Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chips and oats until well mixed.
- Press mixture firmly in bottom of greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool then cut into 16 bars.