healthy snack bars
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies (puffed rice)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Blend in Vanilla, honey, and egg.
- 4In separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and flour.
- 5Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- 6By hand, stir in chocolate chips and oats until well mixed.
- 7Press mixture firmly in bottom of greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 8Let cool then cut into 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Chewy Granola Bars!
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 127.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g