Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
healthy snack bars
Make and share this Healthy Chewy Granola Bars! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Rice Krispies (puffed rice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in Vanilla, honey, and egg.
- In separate bowl, combine salt, baking soda, and cinnamon and flour.
- Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chips and oats until well mixed.
- Press mixture firmly in bottom of greased pan, and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool then cut into 16 bars.