Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a deliciously flavourful and healthy loaf try this recipe for bread made with rye and assorted seeds.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces rye flour
- 7 ounces strong white flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons linseeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 10 ounces porridge oats
- In a large mixing bowl, place the rye flour, plain flour, yeast, salt, water, linseeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Mix together with your hands until it becomes a soft, pliable dough.
- Place the dough on to a lightly floured, flat surface and knead for five minutes.
- Return the dough to the bowl and leave to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Shape the dough into a loaf, and roll the loaf in porridge oats.
- With a sharp knife, cut a line down the centre of the loaf. Place the loaf on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.