Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from vegweb and I modified the recipe. Here is the link to the original recipe http://vegweb.com/food/bread/5951.shtml
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin tins.
- In a large bowl mix the flours, salt, baking powder, and spices.
- In a medium bowl mix oil, egg replacer, water, sugar, vanilla, and carrot.
- Stir in milk, nuts and raisins and stir until just mixed and.
- Don't over mix.
- Pour evenly into muffin tins and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Check to make sure they are done with a toothpick.
- Cool and serve or serve hot with margarine.
- Great reheated!