Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is a recipe for a wonderful, moist, healthy carrot muffin. The recipe is a combination of several recipes tossed together. I've been using this recipe since the 1990s and it has always been a hit!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed and with juice
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400'F (200'C)
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fill greased muffin cups (or use muffin liners) 3/4 full.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Then bake at 400'F for 20 to 25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.