1/1 Photo of Healthy Carrot Muffins
Kim A. Heaphy's Note:
Here is a recipe for a wonderful, moist, healthy carrot muffin. The recipe is a combination of several recipes tossed together. I've been using this recipe since the 1990s and it has always been a hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed and with juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400'F (200'C)
- 2Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- 4With a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients just until blended.
- 5Fill greased muffin cups (or use muffin liners) 3/4 full.
- 6Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 7Then bake at 400'F for 20 to 25 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- 8Let sit for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tin.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Carrot Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1002 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 257.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g