Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this from foodnetwork.com It makes about 12 muffins, but I only have cupcake pans so they are smaller and I get about 20ish cupcakes. 4 carrots in this recipe! If you measure the carrots make sure to pack it in like brown sugar. My kids love these muffins and I'm putting it on Zaar to find out the nutritional values as well as safe keeping and sharing ofcourse. I'd like to see if I can improve this recipe, sub some of the oil out for flaxseed meal or even applesauce... But I will post the original here as that is what we've made a few times and love. Btw, I only use 1 tsp of cinnamon since my kids find 2 tsp to be too strong/"spicy".
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated (about 4 med carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- paper, muffin liners
- Whisk the flours with the brown sugar,(all dry ingredients): wheat germ, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
- In another (smaller) bowl, whisk the eggs, then add in the oil, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet into dry ingredients with a spatula. Stir in the carrots and pineapple just until evenly moist; the batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined baking cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Best served warm.