Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am always looking for healthy recipes and this one from the detox section of the "Healthy Eating" book put out by "The Australian Woman's Weekly" caught my eye. So, I am putting it here for safe keeping. I am often the only person in my house eating the healthy recipes I make and that is also why I was happy to see this was a recipe for one but I am sure it could be easily scaled up.
- 1 medium carrot, grated coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon currants
- 5 g fresh ginger, grated
- Place carrot and juice in small saucepam.
- Cook uncovered, over low heat, about 10 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend or process carrot mixture with yogurt.
- Stir in mint, currants and ginger.
Liked this a lot. Made as written and it served two nicely. Served with home made tortilla chips and think would also be good with pita chips. Was a little concerned about the mint, but decided to stick to the recipe and was glade I did as we liked the mint and ginger play off each other very well. Thanks for the post.
This served two of us as a dip. My DH, who doesn't like carrots, shared this with me! He made toasted tortilla chips and we ate it with those. Delicious! This was so odd going in that I wasn't sure what to expect; it came together beautifully and healthfully, without tasting medicinal! I think this could be eaten like pudding (okay, I admit to eating several spoonfuls!). Thanks, Sarah_Jayne! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.