Recipe by Oregon Cook
Light, low-fat goodness!
Top Review by Boo Chef in West Texas
Made for PAC fall 2011. I made this using the pulp from my juicer after making carrot juice instead of grated carrot. I am always looking for ways to use the pulp.(I love my carrot juice) These are lowfat and tasty! I will add more cinnamon next time, but that is personal taste.I made as directed except for the carrot pulp. Will make again.
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup minced pineapple
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Grease 6- large muffin tin. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Mince grated carrot.
- 3. If you only have pineapple chunks, mince those as well.
- 4. Squeeze all the juice out of the carrots and pineapple.
- 2. Mix wet ingredient thoroughly.
- 3. Mix dry ingredients.
- 4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- 5. Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 17-19 minutes. Enjoy!