Recipe by LeeDelaino
I developed this recipe as a healthy treat for my kids--they love it! It could be made a bit sweeter if you prefer by upping the sugar to a full cup.
Top Review by rndesterre
I don't mean to be negative but this recipe is awful and I can't recommend it. I followed the instructions exactly and after 40 minutes in the oven, the bread isn't just moist, it's mushy. Try at your own risk.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (low-fat opt.)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a square of parchment in bottom of a 9” square or round pan. Brush or spray with oil and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl combine apple sauce, oil, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar and carrot. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine and sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.