Yummy and healthy pancakes - loved by our 3 year old son.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 7/8 cup buttermilk (converted from European measurement 2 dl.)
- 4 carrots (medium size, peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 g butter (melted, use microwave oven, optional leave out for low-fat version)
- 60 g oatmeal
- 30 g whole wheat flour
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients together using a hand blender making sure that the carrots get fully blended - no lumps left.
- 2In a second bowl mix the rest of the ingredients together then pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix the dough thoroughly with the hand blender.
- 3Remember that eggs vary in size and that flour absorbes more or less liquid. If the dough seems to thick add more buttermilk - if it seems to thin add more all purpose flour!
- 4Let the pancake dough rest for 20 minuttes.
- 5Fry pancakes in a little vegetable oil - you can easily make 3 at a time in the frying pan.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Carrot and Oatmeal Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 957.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: