Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy and healthy pancakes - loved by our 3 year old son.
Make and share this Healthy Carrot and Oatmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 7⁄8 cup buttermilk (converted from European measurement 2 dl.)
- 4 carrots (medium size, peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 25 g butter (melted, use microwave oven, optional leave out for low-fat version)
- 60 g oatmeal
- 30 g whole wheat flour
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix first 5 ingredients together using a hand blender making sure that the carrots get fully blended - no lumps left.
- In a second bowl mix the rest of the ingredients together then pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix the dough thoroughly with the hand blender.
- Remember that eggs vary in size and that flour absorbes more or less liquid. If the dough seems to thick add more buttermilk - if it seems to thin add more all purpose flour!
- Let the pancake dough rest for 20 minuttes.
- Fry pancakes in a little vegetable oil - you can easily make 3 at a time in the frying pan.
This is sort of like a cross between a vegetagle fritter & a buttermilk pancake, & it makes for A VERY TASTY HY-BRED, at that ~ I did, however, shred the carrots rather than just cut them into small pieces! Very much a keeper of a recipe! Will definitely be making these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]