- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups peeled & chunked sweet potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 cups chunked green apples (unpeeled)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water in a large pot. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, tomato sauce, tomatoes, pineapple, apples, chilies and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and seasonings, mix well and continue to cook over low heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.